Friday, May 20, 2011

Beyond Blessing

I've been blessed beyond my wildest dreams. I have a smokin' hott husband who I love and cherish, a good reliable job, a new group of friends in the last year or so who have made all the difference in the world, a family full of love and laughter, and a Heavenly Father who is orchestrating it all. I use the term orchestrate because I love the picture it brings to mind. I'm listening to some classic Motzart right now and it's so beautiful how each of the different notes work together to create something that is just beautiful. I love how classical music, without the words, is full of emotion and movement. Also, because of the absence of lyric, each song can be something different to every individual that is listening to it. Sometimes I love to just close my eyes and let a song wash over me and draw out memories or emotions and often thoughts of my Savior. How good it is to belong to Christ. I am beyond blessed just to be chosen by Him.

 Eph. 2:8-10
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by works, so that no one can boast.  For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

I'm so thankful that I am not my own; I don't write my own story; I don't control my circumstances- just my response to them- and even then, he provides the faith- to get through tough times. However, I'm not really finding myself in "tough times." In fact, I'm finding myself in a promise land of blessing. I listed a few above, and those are the major things I count blessings- but he has provided a beautiful new home for my husband and me to move into in just one weeks time. It's been amazing to watch Him lead us through the hunt for a home, guide us to the right one, give us the faith to pull the trigger, and the money required to buy it. One other neat thing I love about being a Christ follower is that we can look back and see His hand SO evident in our lives. Another thing I really love is that anything He gives us, is still His and we are just stewards of the gift. My desire is to honor him in this latest new HUGE gift. We are so so so beyond blessed. We're overwhelmed- so, may humility and thankfulness be something we are always full of.

I know I said I wouldn't use my blog in the normal way people blog, but I've decided, for me, I will probably use this blog to talk about how God uses our house, and the fun he lets us have along the way. I can't wait to nest in it. Make it our own. Make a space comfortable and welcoming so we can share our gift with others. This is my truest desire in benig a home owner- to use it to honor God by loving others.

I'll post a few pictures we took at closing sometime soon. As well as our first project in "making it ours:" The Master Bed/Bath.... yes, I'm very excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment