Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It's Ours!

Pulling up to the house I was so excited. It was empty inside and it there was a key waiting on the counter inside Just for me! :)  Caleb carried me over the threshold! Didn't have my camera yet, but the memory is in my heart forever. I love the feeling of being in his arms!

We got the carpet torn out of the master bedroom and the walls are painted. We need to spot treat a few places that the coverage wasn't the best, but overall its on its way. Our helpers included my new friend Ann Marie Schiller, my sister in law Abbey, my dad and my older sister Sarah and her husband Kevin. They were huge helps. All of them. We even tore down the wall paper in the kitchen. Bird houses are cute, but they just aren't my style. My mother in law did a perfect job sizing the paper so it came off in sheets. I've never had such an easy time removing wall paper. Thank you for your time and care!!!

I still have a long way to go in making the house our home, but we got a lot accomplished tonight and we both feel good about it! Very excited to move in on Saturday. Can't wait to see what else we will get accomplished before then!


Here's the room before.
 Caleb is patiently waiting for me to take a few pictures before he starts tearing out the carpet.


This is the only picture we took of the two of us today. We're home owners! Praise the Lord!


Two of the amazing helpers, Ann Marie and Abbey.


The wall paper was SO easy to remove. And that is why it's all gone.


My sister Sarah painting the room.


Kevin being so helpful!


Removing base boards and staples is serious work!


And here's where we are at the end of the night... different already! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment